It’s August! Which means it’s almost time for back to school. Even though Eleanore is only four this fall and isn’t ready for kindergarten yet, I still like to do a little fall planning for the year. I’ve gone back and forth on is she ready for a curriculum or not, and I’ve decided not yet. I was seriously considering Oak Meadow kindergarten for 2013, but I decided to wait until she’s 5 (she’ll be 5 1/2).
So my planning for this next year is Waldorf-inspired, but not anything too serious. I’m breaking everything down by month and planning a few crafts ~ mostly on a weekly basis and compiling lists of library books to reserve and check out ~ seasonal for the most part. I’ve purchased (or won in her monthly photo contests) quite a few of the Little Acorn Learning 3 and 5 day monthly guides and love them! They are full of book recommendations, crafts and stories to tell.
Our other plans for the year are to continue with the great field trip group we’re a part of, as well as the preschool play date group we meet with on a pretty regular basis. It’s nice to have homeschool friends!
Update on me: My beta on Monday was only slightly higher than it was on Thursday, so hopefully my numbers are now falling and I won’t need a repeat shot of methotrexate.
My OB called me on Monday to tell me she did some further research with a lactation consultant. (I don’t know why she didn’t consult one previously before giving me breastfeeding advice, but I digress.) She came up with the same research I did from Dr. Hale about the half-life of the drug and the amount that actually gets into the breastmilk (.1%) and told me that I did not have to wait six weeks, especially because Adelaide is older and wasn’t receiving all her nutrition from me. The drug can make breastmilk less nutritious since it pulls so many vitamins from my body.
Adelaide was nursed yesterday for her nap and bedtime. I feel ok at this point at leaving it at that for now, and probably for the future. There is still a chance I’ll need a repeat dose of the metho, and I don’t want to make it even harder for her to abstain for another 3-4 days, if there is that chance. And I am relieved that my doctor came to the same conclusion I found with my research. I also feel better knowing that perhaps if she, or anyone in her practice, ever encounters another patient with a possible ectopic who is still nursing a toddler, she can give them correct information right from the start.
A huge thank you to everyone who sent words of support and good wishes. I truly appreciate each and every one of you.