100 Things About Me
1. My favorite colors are orange and green.
2. I love dirty martinis with extra olives and cute olive picks.
3. My middle name is Marie.
4. I have a cat, Patches, who is 15 years old and terribly spoiled.
5. I have a dog, Marzipan, who is 6 years old and also terribly spoiled.
6. I am cranky in the morning.
7. There is nothing better than a full mailbox (especially one full
of packages, not bills ;) )
8. It took a long time to become a mother, but my two girls are the light in my life.
9. I love being a mom.
10. My dh’s name is Jason.
11. I love putting on new socks.
12. I used to be a vegetarian, but now eat local, humanely raised meat.
13. I’ve even changed my stance on hunting!.
14. I hate to be tickled.
15. I’m a democrat.
16. I could eat popcorn and pizza every day.
17. I collect old Pyrex mixing bowls and serving dishes.
18. I love baskets.
19. I’ve never had a real-life nickname.
20. I’m jealous of those who do.
21. I have a tattoo of the Chinese symbol Chi on my right shoulder.
22. I graduated college from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio.
23. I’ve only been to two other countries: England and Canada.
24. I would love to be able to speak Spanish fluently.
25. I collect yarn and like to display it for inspiration.
26. I like to drink chai in the afternoon.
27. I’m trying to quit drinking pop.
28. I am the oldest of 3 children– I have one sister and one brother.
29. I secretly enjoy getting up early if I can wake up soon enough.
30. I had never been in an airplane until I was 27 years old.
31. I love living in the country even if it means having a dirty car.
32. I enjoy listening to bad 80s music (think Wedding Singer soundtrack).
33. I am a sap– if I see anyone cry on tv, I start crying, too.
34. I get emotionally involved in soccer games on tv or in person and
tend to yell at the tv.
35. I am very shy and Jason likes to call me anti social because of it.
36. I was born in 1978.
37. I’m scarily approaching 35.
38. I always spell theatre that way, never with an -er.
39. I do not have many friends.
40. I believe Facebook is a wonderful invention.
41. but it’s also a time suck.
42. I want to have a nautical star tatooed on my hip.
43. I had a miscarriage on June 1, 2006 and another one on May 11, 2007. I mourn the loss of those two children, but know I would not have the children I do have now without having gone through those losses.
44. I sing loudly in the shower.
45. I want a Celtic motherhood tattoo.
46. I love frogs.
47. I took dance lessons for 13 years.
48. I know how to change the oil in my Jeep.
49. I drink my coffee black. Sometimes. Unless I add sugar and cream. lol
50. I am a worry wart.
51. I enjoy reading, and go to the library often (and bring back stacks of books).
52. My lifelong dream is to tour the country in an RV and to have a log cabin in the woods somewhere.
53. I am afraid of clowns.
54. I take spiders outside instead of killing them.
55. My favorite flowers are daisies.
56. I look forward to apple orchard season every year.
57. My favorite Christmas carol is O Holy Night.
58. I was into grunge in high school.
59. I don’t know what I’m into now.
60. My favorite beers are Guinness Stout and Old Rasputin Imperial Stout.
61. I believe homosexuals should be allowed to marry.
62. It bothers me that dh does not, but I think he’s coming around.
63. Whenever I visit my family in Ohio, I come back with a southern accent.
64. I used to be pro-life, but now I’m pro-choice.
65. I love Gilmore Girls.
66. Italian food is my favorite.
67. I hated history in school, but now I think it’s interesting.
68. I’m hooked on watching Good Eats on the Food Network
69. I did crafts when I was little, but never when I was in high school or college.
70. I have so much crafty stuff now it’s taking over the house.
71. My favorite scents are orange, patchouli and macintosh apple.
72. Sometimes I like to be a hippie.
73. I’m very particular about “my spot” on the couch in the living room.
74. I like to wrap myself in the blanket when I sleep.
75. I spend too much time online.
76. I drive a Ford Flex.
77. My first car was a 1986 Chevy Nova with 200,000 miles.
78. I am a big baby when I’m sick.
79. I freak out when I’m bleeding.
80. I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood).
81. I’ve never had the chicken pox.
82. Mosquitos love me
83. even though I hate them.
84. I think Viggo Mortenson is hot, especially in LOTR.
85. I taught myself to knit.
86. I believe in ghosts.
87. I am addicted to coffee.
88. I love chocolate– the darker the better.
89. Sometimes you just need ice cream.
90. I have gray hair.
91. I like to play euchre and poker, especially Texas Hold ’em.
92. My favorite restaurant is Macaroni Grill.
93. Naps make me cranky.
94. I miss my grandmother.
95. I really miss our dog, Otis.
96. I love Salt n Vinegar potato chips.
97. My favorite books as a child were The Secret Garden, A Little Princess and the Laura Ingalls Wilder series.
98. It really bothers me when people type alot instead of the correct, a lot.
99. I have to write down a word before I know if it’s spelled right– I think this is from reading so much as a child.
100. I prefer comfort over style.